Who we are
The Canberra Multicultural Community Forum (CMCF) is a peak body representing more than 100 ethnic and associated community organisations in the Australian Capital Territory and its surrounding area.
A fair and harmonious Canberra community, which supports and celebrates cultural diversity.
CMCF aims to:
- represent and advocate on behalf of the multicultural community, especially groups which have experienced the refugee and migration processes
- provide a forum for ongoing discussion and communication on multicultural issues, events and policy
- provide support for, and develop the capacity of, multicultural community organisations, particularly CMCF members
- foster and promote social cohesion, cooperation, community harmony and a culturally diverse society.
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with our latest events.
CMCF is established to act as the voice of a multicultural ACT, through:
- collaboration and consultation
- facilitating and participating in public policy and debate
- supporting new programs and innovation
- celebrating and promoting multiculturalism
- building community capacity
- communication, education and support.